It is hard to believe the success one of our clients is having raising money via small group, major donor gatherings. They call them “major donor summits.”
Just in recent months they have raised over $500,000 by bringing together select groups of current major and mid-level donors to hear more about their mission and to be given a very clear opportunity to make a significant donation.
The ingredients we came up with for these events are actually very simple and something you can implement:
- Find a geographic location where you have a number of major and mid-level donors residing
- Invite them to a one or two-day gathering at a desirable location or venue
- Include your leadership team at the event
- Share with them the big-picture vision and goals you hope to accomplish with their financial help
- Give them a campaign goal that they can collectively fund
- Deliver a clear and simple fundraising offer
- Include a giving deadline, ideally by the end of the event
These basic ingredients have proven to be a successful combination. I challenge you to come up with your version of a major donor summit so that you can raise more money and develop deeper connections with your donors!