Here are five quick tips that will help your next appeal letters and e-appeals raise more money. Print this out and set it next to your keyboard the next to you write an appeal. Because if you do these things I guarantee you’ll raise more money!
- You have to ask for help. If you don’t ask boldly, fewer donors will give!
- Remind your donors of the need. Most donors need to be reminded multiple times of the need your organization meets or the problem your organization solves.
- Have an Offer. Put another way, your Offer should describe a specific thing that the donor’s gift will do or accomplish. ask donors to help in specific ways. Your donors want to help, but can only help if they know how
- Tell a real-life story to illustrate the need. Don’t use big numbers or statistics, tell an emotional story.
- Remember that most donors won’t read the whole letter – but they will scan So use underlining or bolding to highlight the two or three most important things you want them to read. Here’s what we underline in the letters we work on:
- The need or problem.
- The solution and it’s cost.
- A bold request for the donor to give a gift today.
Those are the ‘big ideas’ that will help you be successful if you’d like to know even more, click here to watch a short video we made to help you.