We were recently asked a great question, “What 5 things should every development director know?” Here’s our answer.
- Your donor list is your most important asset. Back it up, keep it up to date and know who is on your list and why.
- Segment your list into giving groups based on amount given or other factors like giving frequency. Know your donors giving patterns and communicate with them based on those patterns.
- Encourage donors already giving to your cause to continue giving. Keeping donors costs you less money and time than it does to acquire new donors.
- Build a clear and visible fundraising offer. Great offers state the problem, solution, make the solution a great value and create a level of urgency.
- Learn how to enjoy asking for money. You are asking donors to help solve a problem or make the world a better place. Donors are happier, healthier and wealthier than non-donors. You are helping them live a better life!
- Ask for more and ask more often. Most of us aren’t asking enough.
Watch the video! We created a 3 minute video that gives you deeper insights and information into this subject. To receive the video along with other timely fundraising resources periodically delivered right to your desktop – register with Better Fundraising For All using the form on the right side of this page. ======================>
For immediate help, visit our store to register for a class or order a direct mail / newsletter review.