We just finished teaching the Kickstart Your Fall Fundraising tele-class. Over 140 nonprofit organizations from around the globe joined this conversation. The highlights from this call included the following points.
- Create a fundraising rhythm for your donors to follow. We use four simple words. Ask, Thank, Report, Repeat.
- Know what your fundraising offer is. A good offer identifies a problem, solution, the solution is a good value and urgency or timeline.
- Ask more often. Ask for more.
- Thank donors who have recently given you a gift.
- Know that 80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your donors, so focus your energy on developing major donor relationships.
Keep your eyes on this blog for more clear thinking about fundraising.